Are you looking for the best voice activated TV remote for disabled or blind person? If so then your search is over as in today’s article we came up with the best universal remotes that support the voice command feature. All of them are pretty good in their own way and are suitable for all type of situation.
To get the best choice it is better to keep reading this guide until the end and read the review of each product. We also added the pros and cons of each product so you understand it clearly. Once you have complete reading this it will make it easier to find an affordable and suitable product for a disabled person.
However, at the end of this article, we are also going to share our opinion on which one you should choose. The choice is made based on TV compatibility, price, support etc. So, if you just want that then you can head towards the conclusion section but still, we recommend you to read the reviews of each remote from below.
How to Choose Voice Activated Remote for Disabled & Blind People
Buying voice activated TV remote for disabled or blind people is not an easy task. As we have to check various things on that remote to see if that person could use it or not. So, in this section, we are going to simplify some of the things that you should consider before choosing any product.
This will surely help you in finding the right choice because every people has it’s own requirement. So, once you understand these things it will take only a few minutes to choose the suitable remote for you. Although if you already know what you need to buy then simply you can skip this section.
So, here are few things to consider before choosing a voice activated remote for disabled & blind people:
- Check if it has bigger keys or smaller keys so a disabled person can touch them.
- See if the remote support volume up & down compatibility.
- Is it made of good material that won’t break when falling?
- Does it support the next channel feature using voice command?
- Can I use it on my TV brand (Samsung, Vizio, Sony)?
- Is that remote universal or made for a specific brand?
- Do I need to pair it with an old remote or it is ready to use?
- Will it be used with other Smart Home devices or not?
Now, these are a few things that you need to keep in mind to get the suitable choice for you. It is because some remotes might be made of poor plastic that could break it if falls. However, some of them are only made for any specific product while some are universal that can be used with every TV.
Once you have understood these situations now I am sure you can find the best voice activate TV remote for disabled people in no time. Just make sure to read the whole review to learn what features a specific remote provides and which products does it supports so you don’t face compatibility issue.
Best Voice Activated TV Remote For Disabled & Blind People
In this, we are going to provide a review of the top 5 best voice activated remote controls that work for disabled people and some works for the blind as well. Other than it can be used for normal people who just want to control its smart Hoe just by using its voice instead of an app or other.
Don’t forget to check the advantages and disadvantages of that product and check compatibility as well. Also, we have mentioned which remote is suitable for different situations. As few of them requires pressing the button to activate voice control while some are already activated and requires your commands.
Ok, so here is out today’s pick of the best voice-activated TV remote for disabled & blind people:
Invoca Voice Activated Remote Control
The first remote that we are going to talk about is manufactured by Inovaca. This remote is great for all disabled or blind people because this doesn’t require many efforts. There is no need for pressing and holding the mic button in order to say your commands because it is already activated.
Furthermore the remote offers a unique and easy to carry design that is comfortable who are disabled. Invoca has the feature of controlling 24 single commands or 24-multiple commands. This can be used for up to 4 devices at the same time and it works only with the IR (infrared) enabled TVs or other devices.
However this remote is capable of reminding 4 different voices so multiple uses can use it without any issues. It comes with rechargeable batteries so you never run out of energy. This remote is quite good for old versions of TV because they haven’t updated it and the codes that you get are also from the old TV models.
- It is way better for blind people since it requires voice commands.
- Easy to carry and use for elders or disabled person.
- Comes with 24 different single and multiple commands.
- Can be used to volume Up & Down or change channels.
- The price is also good and affordable.
- Made of good material that lasts longer even after falling.
- Rechargeable batteries provide longer life.
- Supports 4 different devices at the same time.
- Auto pairing with a huge database of different IR codes.
- Works great even with a distance and no response issue.
- The remote is quite outdated and won’t work with the latest TV models.
- It only supports Infrared means that cannot be used with Streaming Devices.
- Some people might not like the design as it is way older.
Fire TV Cube
The next product that we are going to talk about is not a remote but a Cube that is developed by Amazon. It is known as the Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation) as the 1st Gen is not working anymore. This device is used to convert the normal TV into a Smart TV that enables supports of Android Apps, Voice Control, 4K resolution and much more.
This device doesn’t come with a remote but still, it has an integrate Alexa voice command speaker that can be used to operate the TV using voice commands. Alexa is getting better and better day by day and it supports various commands like Volume controls, changing channels or apps, fast forward or backwards and so on.
It also supports other home devices like bulbs, windows, lights, WiFi etc as you just need to say a command it turns on or off that device. Other than this Fire TV cube is compatible with the Google assistant as well so if you are using a Google product then you are good to go.
As I said earlier it doesn’t come with the remote that means it is not universal as well you just need to connect it with any normal TV on Home and start using this device. In case you love this product then you can make it even better after purchasing the Amazon Echo dot that we are going to discuss next.
- It is the best device to convert normal TV into Smart TV.
- Comes with hundreds of Voice commands and detect voice instantly.
- Can be used to control volume, channels or other stuff.
- It is used to download apps, open apps or close apps.
- This can be used to control smart homes devices easily.
- FireTV Cube comes with a huge library of free apps to enjoy unlimited TV Shows.
- It is suitable to dim lights, turn off the TV or just control other Smart Home devices.
- This can be used to ask the weather, read the latest news, or just stream favourite shows.
- It is made of long-lasting materials and won’t break after falling.
- The setup process is easy and it took around 10 minutes to complete.
- The price of the FireTV Cube is a little bit high for many people.
- There is no physical remote (but can be purchased separately).
- Some apps are not available yet on this device.
- If your internet is slow then voice commands won’t work or feels laggy.
Echo Dot (4th Gen)
This is another best product from the Amazon corporation that is used to control all Smart Home products. The name of this product is the Amazon Echo Dot which is the 4th generation. There are previous generations are available which are not compatible with several devices.
However, this new Echo Dot works great with all Smart Home devices including your Smart TVs. Since this is a wireless device that’s why a user needs to have a Smart TV or a Firestick or FireTV Cube to use this. The setup process is way easier as compared to the Fire TV cube as you simply need to connect it with WiFi.
Now this device will automatically detect all connected devices at your Home like Speakers, TVs, Lights and so on. Since it is from Amazon that means it supports Alexa integration which is the best voice assistant. It can be used to control volumes, play movies, launch an app, dim or full the lights and much more.
This is all one device for all disabled people who just want to control their home using voice. As it can be used to set an alarm, you can ask it to share weather information and ask for news as well. This is quite fun to use as if you are getting bored then simply ask Alexa to tell you a joke or make you laugh.
- Echo Dot is the best choice for disabled people to control all Home devices.
- Can be used to control TV playback or open any app.
- This can be used to lower down or up the volume.
- The setup process is way easier than expected.
- It comes at a normal price so anyone can purchase it.
- The best option for boredom as you can ask Alexa for Jokes.
- It requires WiFi connectivity to pair all devices.
- Hundreds of commands work with this device.
- Echo Dot supports Google Voice Assistant or Google Smart Home devices.
- It is easy to set an alarm just by using your voice.
- There is no physical remote as it is only a voice assistant.
- Requires WiFi network to operate the TV or Home devices.
- You need either Smart TV or a streaming device to use Amazon Echo.
- Need fast internet to make it work properly.
Flipper Big Button TV Remote
This is another best TV remote for disabled people as it is not voice activated but still worth buying it. Because this remote provides a flipping feature where numeric buttons can be hidden easily. After this only 3 functional keys left that are Volume Up & Down, Next & Previous channels and the Power button to shut down the TV.
This is really an awesome gift to all the elders who cannot use the small buttons on the remote and even for the low vision or for the blinds. The best part of the Flipper remote is that a user can set up to 20 favourite channels to open them quickly which is the best option for those who don’t want to find channels from the beginning.
Despite this Flipper works with the two devices simultaneously means you can use a TV and Set-top box with a single remote. This remote works great with all IR (infrared) enable TVs and there is no need to pair with an old remote or require setup. You just need to point towards the IR and this will start working without issue.
This remote is compatible with various Sattelite boxes like Xfinity, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish TV and so on. However, you first need to enable IR control on that device in order to use this. Overall the remote is made of very good material and lasts longer even if you have kids who like to throw things.
- It is the best option for low visions or elders.
- The flip design avoids confusions to those with low visions.
- Set up 20 favourite channels to open them instantly.
- Can be used with two devices at the same time.
- Supports different Set-top boxes or Satellites boxes.
- There is no need to pair this with old remotes as it works out of the box.
- It supports all the IR enabled TVs whether its old or new.
- The price is also good and affordable for everyone.
- Overall it has a simple and easy to use design.
- It doesn’t support voice command which is still Ok.
- Doesn’t work with streaming Sticks or devices with WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity.
- Some Satellites are not compatible with this.
The last remote that we are going to talk about the best voice activated TV remote for disabled people. This Harmony Elite is basically an all in one remote that supports almost every device on your home. Whether you are using a Smart TV or a normal TV this remote can be used to operate them without issue.
It is also compatible with the Alexa voice assistant so if you have Amazon Echo or other devices then simply integrate it with this device and enable voice commanding. Harmony Elite supports the usage of around 15 devices at the same time including Bulbs, TVs, Echo Dots, Soundbars and so on.
This remote also enables the support of touchscreen LED to toggle from one device to another. Setting up this remote is quite easier as it has a database of thousands of codes for different models. You can use this remote on IR supported TVs, Bluetooth or WiFi connection TVs as well.
It is the best and suitable choice for Firestick, Fire TV Cube, Hulu and some other famous streaming devices. Harmony Elite is the premium and the best choice for all type of users. Although to use this remote for disabled or low vision people make sure to have a Google Home or the Amazon Echo Dot for voice command feature.
- It is the best and premium remote supports all TVs.
- Harmoney Elite Supports 5000+ brands.
- Best for Amazon Echo Dot to use voice commands.
- Fast set up and auto-detection of the TV model.
- It has thousands of codes that are used to pair TV.
- Touchscreen LED to switch between devices easily.
- Creates an activity like Watch TV, Sleep time etc.
- It has Harmony Hub that is used to operate devices outside the home.
- This remote is made of premium plastics.
- The best choice for those who don’t want to use separate remotes for each device.
- The price is quite high as compared to others.
- Sometimes setup could be difficult.
- Not suitable for blind people unless you don’t have Amazon Echo Dot.
That’s it for today’s review on the best voice activated TV remote for disabled & blind people. All the remotes that are provided here are best in their own way so make sure to read their features and advantages and disadvantages before purchasing. Although if you have old TV then you should probably go with the Invoca as it uses 24 commands and supports 2 devices.
Despite this, if you are willing to buy for a person having low eyesight the flipper is the best choice. Because it offers large buttons and has 3 functional keys to avoid confusions. Although it doesn’t require set up as it is ready to use out of the box and supports various TV brands using IR technology.
But if you have Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home then Harmony Elite will be the best option. This remote supports 15 devices at the same time and is used to control smart home devices even away from the home. They also provide an app in case you don’t want to use the remote or it is in charge.