Are you tired of searching for the best universal remote control for Sony TV on Amazon but you are confused which one to choose? Or your remote is broken and now you want a replacement one but saw many results and didn’t know which one works for your TV?
If so then this is the right place that you came because in this article we have reviewed several remote controls. After using a few of them our team suggested some of the best remotes that work with Sony TV. So, if you want to clear all your doubts and want the suitable and compatible remote then keep reading this article.
However, it is recommended to read this guide until the end so you don’t miss some useful information and features of these controls. Because each one of them has its own benefits and disadvantages so when you read this about each you get an idea about which one is useful for you.
Furthermore, we have suggested two remotes at the end of this article that you may consider. It is only to those who are still confused even after reading the whole review. In this way, if you don’t want to read this article and want to save some time then simply check out the conclusion at the bottom.
Can I use Universal Remote Control for Sony TV?
The most confusing question that you probably have asked before is that Can I use Universal Remote control for Sony TV? Well! of course, you can use the universal remote for Sony TV. This manufacture supports various controls of 3rd-party brands that works pretty fine just like the official one.
Sony TV doesn’t come with any sort of restriction that a user can only use the official one that came out of the box. Although there are many 3rd-party brands available out there who made perfect remote for this TV brand. Even though those provides some additional features that the official one doesn’t provide.
But the problem is not all brands work with the Sony TVs and this is why our team has reviewed different remote brands. We have then collected only those that are working without issue. Some suggestions that are provided here might be expensive for some users that’s why we also listed cheap suggestions as well.
Samsung User Check: Best Samsung Universal Remote in 2021
Although those remotes that are expensive will also provide the features that you never get with the official one. Furthermore, when you read the review of each product you get an idea of which one to choose. This is why we have listed remotes for every sort of users so they get satisfied with our guide.
Best Universal Remote Control For Sony TV
Once we know that the Sony TV is compatible with the universal remote you surely want to get one. Now we are moving towards the list where we have collected the top 5 best universal remote control for Sony TV. All the products that are mentioned here are checked and tested by our team members.
We are only providing the ones that are actually compatible with that TV brand. Our team will never suggest any remote that we never used or checked by ourselves. In this way, if you also wanted to get the best and useful remote for you make sure to read the complete review of each remote.
Ok, so without wasting any further time let’s just move forward and find the best universal remote control for Sony TV:
Logitech Harmony Elite for Sony TV
Let us move towards the first universal remote control for Sony TV that is Logitech Harmony Elite. This remote works with all Sony TV model no matter if it is Smart TV or Standard TV. It is because of this remote support the connectivity of both Infrared as well as the Bluetooth connection.
Logitech Harmony Elite will require set up for Sony TVs but don’t worry the process is quite easy because it supports auto-pairing. This remote comes with the thousands of codes database that automatically find the pairing code and this will make it easy to use the infrared enabled remote.
It is not any ordinary remote but instead, it has some advanced features like it supports the voice command feature like Google Voice assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. To use the voice assistant you will be required to purchase the Amazon Echo Dot or Google’s Smart Home product for this.
Furthermore, the Harmony Elite offers the compatibility of over 5000+ brands that means you can use it with other TV or devices at home. This remote is used to manage around 15 devices that means you just need to pair it with the old one and then never touch them again because this single remote will do rest for you.
- Harmony Elite works with every Sony TV (Smart TV & Standard).
- This remote supports 5000+ brands including Sony TV.
- Comes with thousands of remote code for auto-pairing.
- It is quite easy to pair and it took just a few seconds.
- Supports Voice Comand Feature (Alexa & Google Assistant).
- Power & volume buttons are working fine.
- This can replace 15 remotes at your Home.
- It comes with an Andoird & iOS app to use the TV without a remote.
- Rechargeable and long-lasting batteries (1 charge lasts for weeks).
- Harmony Hub used to control devices behind walls.
- The best option for managing Smart Home devices.
- The price is way expensive to those who just want a replacement remote.
- Old TV models might not work properly with it because of codes.
U1 Universal Remote Control for Sony TV
The next remote that we have added in the best universal remote control for Sony TV is the latest version of SofaBaton named U1. Instead of this, they made two other remotes that only works with the Firestick and with the Roku Streaming device and were not compatible with other brands.
But now they have launched this awesome new remote that supports Sony TV, Samsung Smart TV, and even streaming devices too. This amazing remote doesn’t require much work to make it useful as just like Harmony elite it comes with the auto code detection feature to pair remote instantly without much effort.
SofaBaton U1 comes with the all basic feature that ordinary Sony TV remote provides like Voice Control, Power, Menu and many more. Instead of this if you have a Sony Smart TV with voice assistant than you also get the mic button to operate your TV with voice using Alexa or Google Assistant.
Similar to the Harmony Elite this remote also works with various devices and you can manage up to 8 devices with this. Other than this it comes with the Macro buttons to create your own commands. Although these buttons are only useful for the IR enabled devices and won’t work with Bluetooth devices.
- SofaBaton is a wise choice for Sony TVs.
- All keys are working fine on Sony Smart TV and Standard TV.
- Macro buttons used to create commands to open them instantly.
- Supports IR as well as the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Mobile app to use TV while you don’t want to use the remote.
- Pairing is way easier than Elite and is automatic.
- Support all buttons like Voice, Mute, Power, Menu etc.
- It is the best choice for voice-enabled TVs as it supports Alexa & Google Assistant.
- This remote supports 8 devices at a time.
- You can use it with other Smart Home devices.
- The price might be high for some people.
- Old TVs might not be paired automatically and you have to do it manually.
- No Touchscreen Display like Harmony Elite.
Logitech Harmony Smart Control
Now coming to the third-best universal remote for Sony TV that is Logitech Harmony Smart Control. This is the best and all in one solution for your Sony TV and the rest of the devices. It supports the connectivity of Bluetooth, Infrared and WiFi to use every sort of devices that supports remote integration.
You can use this amazing remote as the replacement for Sony TV or simply use it as an alternative in case you don’t want to use multiple remotes. It is because this single remote can be used to manage 8 different devices at your house that means you can avoid using 8 different remotes for each device.
Furthermore, they also offer an Android and an iOS app just like the rest remotes to use the TV while you cannot find the remote. The app is also used to manage or pair devices instantly and it offers the layout of touch or the navigation keys to manage channels or open an app.
Despite this, you can choose up to 20 different favourite channels and list it in the application. By doing this you can launch these applications much faster than before. It also comes with the Harmony Hub to control devices behind walls like Consoles, Wii, Xbox 360, Set-top boxes and so on.
- Works pretty fine with IR or Bluetooth Sony TVs.
- Every key is working fine without any issue.
- Automatically finds the brand of TV or require manually set up.
- Fast and best IR learning technology.
- Used to replace around 8 remotes in your Home.
- The app is used to operate TV from outside Home or when you are not using remote.
- Harmony Hub let you control the TV from distance or control devices behind walls.
- Comes with removable CR 2 batteries that can be changed instantly.
- Made of Premium plastics and is easy to carry.
- Price of this remote is affordable and worth buying.
- It doesn’t offer a Touchscreen Display.
- Auto-detection of the code is not accurate.
- No mic is available for using voice command on Sony TV.
- Physical remote has limited buttons (you need an app to get more buttons).
- Sometimes the response time might be slower than usual.
Logitech Harmony 700 Universal Remote for Sony TV
Harmony 700 is another remote that you can use as the replacement for Sony TV. This is the best choice for those who don’t want to spend much money but still want an all-in-one remote. Basically this remote is now discontinued by the manufacture but luckily it is still available on the Amazon Store.
The reason why we have listed it here is that this remote is quite cheaper if we compare it with the Harmony 650. Although it is much efficient that the 650 and it comes with the fancy black colour. Other than this Harmony 700 offers rechargeable batteries that a single charge lasts for a couple of days.
This remote support the connectivity of Bluetooth as well as the Infrared to make it work with different devices. In case if the Sony TV supports IR connection than it has easy IR learning for quick pairing. Just like other remotes you can use this to operate 8 different devices from Smart Home devices.
The best part of using this remote is you can customize up to 23 favourite channels to launch them quickly. It has a small touchscreen LCD to open program more quickly. Also, you can find this remote and use it in dark places thanks to the backlit buttons and the bright LCD in the remote.
- Harmony 700 is the affordable remote for Sony TV users.
- This is an advanced replacement remote for Sony TV (Smart and Standard).
- It supports IR learning for quick pairing with the old remote.
- This can be used for 8 different remotes at your Home.
- Touchscreen display for opening programs quickly.
- Create 23 different favourite channels to launch easily.
- This remote supports Windows, Mac & Linux.
- Comes with 2 AA rechargeable batteries and charging cable.
- Works fine with Set-top boxes and satellites.
- This remote is discontinued that means you won’t get a warranty.
- Ok, the button is way smaller and hard to use available in the centre of navigation keys.
- Some buttons are not working properly you need to hard press it to make it work.
- Charging took too much time than expected.
- This remote cannot be used while on charging.
Philips Universal Remote Control for Sony TV
So, here comes the last universal remote control for Sony TV that is manufactured by the Philips. No doubt everyone has heard the name of this brand before as it is well-known. However, this remote works pretty fine with all the Sony TVs and the best part is you will find it much comfortable than the official one.
Philips Universal remote is a much better option to those who are willing to find the best replacement remote in cheap price. As this is the remote that does the same things that the other remotes do but in triple times less money. This is compatible with various brands like Vizio, Sony, LG, Sharp and so on.
Instead of this Philips universal remote can be used for streaming devices like Fire TV and Roku and as well as for DVD, VCR, Blu-Ray and satellites. This amazing and budget-friendly remote can be used to operate 4 different devices using IR (infrared) technology as it doesn’t offer Bluetooth connectivity.
Using this remote is much easier than others because in the manual you will get tons of codes for different devices. Even though it also comes with the automatic code detection feature that works like a charm. If you don’t want to buy an expensive remote and just need a replacement one then this is the best choice for you.
- Philips Universal Remote supports all Sony TV.
- Fast pairing using automatic features that took only a few seconds.
- This can be used to replace 4 different remotes.
- Easy to use and has more keys than the original Sony TV remote.
- Works with DVD, VCR, Blu-Ray, Satellites and other devices.
- Comes with Manual that provides tons of codes for different devices.
- It is compatible with Roku and other streaming devices.
- This remote is budget-friendly and offers various features.
- It also supports the volume control for every device paired with it.
- There is no mic button for the voice assistant.
- It doesn’t offer an application for managing devices.
- There is no touchscreen LCD display.
- Not compatible with RF devices Firestick or Roku Stick.
- It doesn’t come with the rechargeable batteries.
This is the list of our today’s pick for the best universal remote control for Sony TV. All these remotes are compatible with all Sony TVs like Smart TV or any Standard TV. After you have complete reading this article I am sure you got the best replacement remote for your Sony TV.
Although if you are still confused which one to choose from this huge list then I would simply suggest going with the Logitech Harmony Elite. This remote works like a charm with all TV brands and supports around 5000+ different brands. It is best and suitable to use with Consoles, Xbox 360 and Smart Home devices.
The remote is made of the premium plastic that feels comfortable in hands and also offers coloured touchscreen display. This can be used to manage activities and or to simply toggle between different devices. If you have skipped this remote then go above and check out again and I am sure you will find it useful.
Although this might be expensive for many users who only wants a replacement one then just use the Philips Universal Remote. As this remote is also made of premium plastic and has a unique design that makes it easy to use. It is also useful to operate 4 devices at the same time without any issue.