Have you been searching for a while and yet didn’t get any guide that helps you in finding the best universal remote control for Insignia TV? If so then you came across the right place because in today’s article we are going to discuss some best replacement remotes that work with Insignia.
We have been requested a lot by our visitors asking to make a complete review on it. So, after hearing them and checking on the internet that there are so many people who are asking the same thing. Our team though to buy some of these remotes and check them to share our opinion on it.
This is why now we have come up with our best picks that you can buy and replace it with the old or broken remote. Although to get the best and suitable choice for you just keep reading this article. As you will get all sorts of choices for you from the expensive to the affordable.
Just in case if you miss anything here then you might not be able to get the right choice for you. Or in the worst case, you just end up having a remote that doesn’t provide the feature that you are looking for. That’s why reading the whole article will be useful in finding the right choice.
Best Universal Remote Control For Insignia TV
We have checked several models as well as the different brands but not all of them were working. This is why after checking for a while we simply collected only top best universal remote control for Insignia TV that actually works. In this list, you will get replacement remote for a Smart TV, Fire TV Edition and for the Standard TV as well.
Although each remote comes with its own functionality and features that you may not get with another remote. In this way to get the right choice just check the review of each remote. However, all of them are working fine and are checked by our teammates so don’t hesitate to read.
Furthermore, if you are still confused about which one to choose even after you have read the whole guide. Then we simply recommend checking at the bottom where we have suggested two different remotes. From there you will find the cheap and as well as the expensive remote with advanced features.
So, let’s not waste more time and just check out the list of our picked top best universal remote control for Insignia TV:
Harmony Elite Universal Remote for Insignia
Talking about the first replacement remote for Insignia TV is the Logitech’s Harmony Elite. This remote is compatible with al Insignia TVs including Standard, LCD, LED and Amazon Based TV. The remote is pretty good and easy to use that offers Power On/Off, Volume Control and some other features.
In case if your TV comes with the support of Voice command then you probably get the Mic button as well. Harmony Elite works best with the Alexa and as well as with Google Assistant. This could be the best choice for those who are using Fire TV-based Insignia TV at their home because it is Alexa enabled.
However this remote support the Infrared and Bluetooth connectivity that is best for all type of devices. Instead of this pairing is way easier with the automatic remote detect feature. In this way, if you are willing to replace it with the old remote at home then its IR learning option will allow you to customize it.
Additionally this single remote allows you to control over 15 Smart Home devices at your house. These devices include Satelite Box, Firestick, Xfinity Box and even Amazon Echo Dot. Just use the IR learning technology and pair each remote with this and then you will be able to use this single remote for each device.
- This remote is compatible with all Insignia TVs including Fire TV-based.
- All keys are working including Power, Volume, & Mute buttons.
- It has a voice command feature that works with Google and Alexa.
- This remote has the touchscreen display to toggle between devices.
- Coloured LCD is also used to control the remote in the dark.
- Up to 15 devices can be used with this single remote.
- Supports IR learning and automatic pairing feature.
- It uses Bluetooth and Infrared to operate different devices.
- A remote app is used to manage devices without a physical remote.
- It supports all devices including Satellites, Set-top boxes, Streaming Sticks etc.
- The price of this remote is way too high.
- Not suitable for those who just want a replacement remote.
- Key response delay while using multiple devices.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate One
Now let’s just talk about the second best replacement remote for Insignia Tv and that remote is known as the Harmony Ultimate One. As the name suggests this remote is also manufactured by the Logitech that is a well-known brand for making universal remote controls for every sort of device.
This remote is not good as the Elite but you can still consider as the replacement universal remote for Insignia TV. It supports the IR connection and most devices are ready to work with it out of the box. Instead of this, you can use the IR learning feature to use with devices that don’t work automatically.
Harmony Ultimate One comes with the touchscreen coloured display where you can see which device you are using now. Also, it offers to choose between 50 different favourite channels to launch them within a single tap. This could be the best choice for all Insignia Fire TV-based users because you can launch apps more quickly.
It also offers to customize and re-order the remote buttons on according to your needs that suit you better. Harmony Ultimate One comes with the rechargeable battery and a charging stand. It also offers a free application to the Android & iOS device users to operate your devices while the remote is on charging.
- It works fine with all Insignia TVs including Smart TVs & Fire TV-based.
- Provides features to add 50 favourite apps to launch quickly.
- Offers voice search with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Remote keys can be changed or modified according to your need.
- Touchscreen display to launch an app quickly.
- Comes with the rechargeable battery and charging stand
- An Android & iOS app is used to manage devices.
- This is compatible with over 5000+ brands including Insignia TV.
- It comes with an affordable price to manage your devices with a single remote.
- The price of this remote is also fair and worth buying.
- Harmony Ultimate One doesn’t support Bluetooth or RF connectivity as you need to purchase Hub separately.
- The touchscreen is a little bit slow to respond.
- Auto-pairing is not good enough and you will be required to pair it manually.
- Keys are quite smaller which makes it hard to use especially at night.
- It has the worst battery that dies in just a few days.
Logitech Harmony 665 Universal Insignia Remote
The next remote in our list of best Insignia TV replacement remote is also from the Logitech and it is called Harmony 665. This is the most selling and best product they have ever made. It is used to control different IR based devices and can replace up to 10 remotes at your home that solves many confusions.
Using this remote is quite easier and even though sometimes you don’t even need to pair it with Insignia TV just insert the batteries and start using it. But in some TV models, the pairing is required and for this, you will get the manual that comes along with the packaging of this remote.
Despite this, it offers a coloured LCD that is used to check which device you are using currently. It can be also used to create activity like watch movies where you can set different devices to turn on or off automatically. This remote also supports the customization of 23 favourite apps to launch them quickly.
Furthermore this remote uses the AA-size batteries that can be purchased separately as you won’t get them along with the remote. Although battery drain is too much in this remote because of the coloured LCD and the worst thing is there is no way to disable or turn it off so you have to keep using this.
- It works with all Insignia TVs including Smart TV and Standard TV.
- Some TV models don’t require pairing which is quite great.
- Pairing is easy and fast using the IR learning key.
- This single remote can be used to operate 10 different devices.
- Colour Screen helps to identify which device you are using.
- It makes it easy to use at night because of the coloured LCD.
- You can customize 23 favourite apps to launch quickly.
- It supports 5000+ brand and 2,00,000+ different devices.
- The simple and slim design makes it easy to carry and use.
- Keys are too small to use in the dark or at night.
- No Touchscreen display (which is still Ok).
- Doesn’t comes with rechargeable batteries.
- It only supports IR connectivity (for RF & Bluetooth you need to purchase Harmony Hub).
- No mic button for Alexa or Google Voice Assistant.
Insignia Fire TV Edition Replacement Remote Control
Now as we already talked about several best replacement remote for Insignia TV but in case you are using the Fire TV Edition TV and you want a replacement. Then this is the best option to go with as this is manufactured by the Insignia itself and make it workable with all Insignia Fire TV Editions.
It also works with the Toshiba if it is Fire TV-based and the best part is every key is working fine. The remote works out of the box as you just need to press the key for the first use. But the problem is it will be only used for basic functionality to use all the features you will be simply required to pair it.
Once the pair is complete this will work similar to the old one and provides all features including Volume & Power but you will be required to enable HDMI-CEC on your TV. Instead, this remote offers quick launch keys for Netflix and Amazon Prime Video to launch them with a single click.
It also supports the voice command features so you don’t let the Alexa behind while replacing the remote. This remote is just same as the official one that you get with the TV. Overall it is made of the good material and is fall-proof and to operate it you will be required to use the 2 AAA batteries that can be purchased separately.
- It is compatible with the Insignia Fire TV Edition and for the Toshiba too.
- The remote offers all features including Power, Volume and Mute buttons.
- This remote also comes with the Mic button that is used to operate Alexa voice assistant.
- Netflix and Prime Video shortcut keys to launch the apps quickly.
- Some common features work out of the box and then you can pair it.
- Supports both Infrared as well as the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Made of good and premium material.
- Price of this replacement remote is fair and can be purchased from Amazon directly.
- It only works with the Fire TV enabled Insignia TVs.
- You won’t get batteries and you will be required to purchase it separately.
- Doesn’t offer multiple device supports like Logitech’s remotes.
- This won’t work with Firestick or Fire TV Cube.
Insignia ROKU TV Replacement Remote
So, this is our last and the best replacement remote for Insignia TV that works pretty fine. However, as the name suggests this remote is used only for the Roku based TV. If you are using the Insignia Roku Edition TV and your remote just got broken or it is not working then this is the best replacement to go with.
This remote doesn’t require any sort of pairing as you just need to insert batteries and then start using this remote. Similar to the official remote it also provides shortcut keys for famous apps like Google Play, Hulu, Netflix and Sling TV. It is quite easy to launch these programs instantly by simply pressing that key and we don’t need to open the huge list of installed apps.
Insignia Roku replacement remote uses the IR technology and that’s why it cannot be used on other devices. In case you are willing to use it with the Roku Streaming devices then, unfortunately, it won’t work. It is only compatible with the Roku based Insignia TVs and its all models released till now.
Even though this remote comes with the volume control keys, mute button and a dedicated button for the Power. It is made of the good and premium materials that last for a longer time. Also, it is light in weight and is slim that makes it easy to carry and use it as each key is accessible.
- It works out of the box with every Insignia Roku Edition TVs.
- No need to pair or program just insert batteries and use this remote.
- Supports same functions like Volume Control, Mute and Power off.
- Shortcut keys to quickly open Netflix, Hulu, Google Play & Sling TV.
- Light in weight and slim design makes it easy to use.
- Big keys that can be accessed easily and don’t make confusion.
- Made of good material that can last longer.
- Budget-friendly and best choice for Insignia TV replacement.
- Fast key response than the official remote.
- It won’t work with Roku streaming devices.
- Doesn’t support Bluetooth connectivity.
- No multiple device usage as it is only for Roku Insignia TV.
- Doesn’t comes with batteries you need to purchase separately.
Will a Universal Remote Work on an Insignia TV?
Insignia TV is the best TV brand and there are thousands of people who are using this in their homes. But the main problem is when the remote is broken or lost everyone got worried about it.
After this, the only question that pops in the mind is that will a universal remote work on an Insignia TV? So, basically, the answer is simple Insignia TV does support the universal remote compatibility.
In this list, we have provided different brands of universal remotes that are compatible with an Insignia TV. All the remotes are working pretty fine and to get the best choice you just need to read the whole review.
If you didn’t read it then you will surely get confused over which universal will work on Insignia TV? In that case, Harmony Elite is the best and compatible universal remote that works just fine. Our team just listed it as one of the best remote of all the time that you can choose to operate 15 different devices.
But the problem is this is way too expensive for those who just want a replacement one. That’s why the alternative and the less expensive choice is the CT-RC1US-19 that is compatible with the Fire TV as well. It also comes with the shortcut keys for Netflix, Prime Video, HBO and Playstation Vue to launch it quickly.