Imagine living in an era with almost all applications.,These apps allow you to use your Android phone to control your home devices. You can handle everything from your smartphone as long as you use the correct apps old flat-screen televisions, smart TVs, and CRT televisions.
There is no more excellent way to remove the remote control clutter than to install Universal Remote Apps for Android and iPhone. Let’s look at the best remote control apps and show you the best in every aspect.
Are you looking for an alternative to physical remote control? Love the idea of using your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet to control home entertainment and media streaming devices? Loss of control? Was it damaged? What about smart home products? Either way, it’s a good idea to have a global remote app for Android for free on the Play Store. You have just come to the perfect place.
Best Universal Remote Apps For Android and iPhone
There are many remote control apps available on the Play Store, but to be honest, not all of them work well. But do not worry. After doing some research, we have found some universal remote apps with many good reviews. These apps can be used with different TVs like Samsung, LG, Vizio, and more! These apps also support TV set-top boxes like Roku and various DVD players.
1- Peel Smart Remote APK
Peel Smart Remote was first released in 2009 and has become one of the most popular remote control apps. The company has 25 million users to download; Peel can control many popular TV brands such as Samsung, LG, Vizio, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp, Philips, Sanyo, Emerson, and many more. It is also compatible with most cable, satellite, and media player services.
Another great feature of the app is its ability to show the app on your phone’s lock screen, so if your phone is locked, you don’t need to access it. The interface is easy to use, and you also get notifications about popular sports, movie premieres, and premieres.
With the Peel Universal Smart TV remote control, you can also set reminders, so you never forget what you’re watching. The app can also recommend content from platforms like Netflix or HBO.
- Control TV and digital set-top boxes like Roku, Apple TV, and Sonos.
- It automatically installs infrared controllable devices on WiFi networks.
- See examples of your favourite videos in the “Videos” section.
- Some users are complaining about the new update issue.
- Some TV models are not supported.
2- AnyMote Universal Remote + WiFi Smart Home by Control Color and TigerTools
I don’t like Logitech Harmony’s reputation, but I like the idea behind this remote. It contains most of Harmony’s features and works with Alexa for smart home control. Google’s integration is limited to voice commands via Google Now, and you can also use it to control your music via Sonos and more.
The remote control is fully customizable, and you can rearrange buttons, change colours, add text, and more.
Smart remote control: Create a single remote control that receives commands from all of your devices.
Voice control: Execute commands through AnyMote with your voice.
Gestures: For the most common commands, avoid gestures such as touch, scroll, and rotate to distract attention when using this part of the app.
Editing: AnyMote has a powerful remote editor that allows you to customize every program and create your own remotely.
- Highly customizable
- Automation support for smart home integration
- Support geolocation
- Good interface
- It works on Apple Watch.
- The free version is limited to one remote control.
- Not compatible with some newer Samsung TVs.
3- LOGITECH HARMONY HUB
Are you looking for one of the most reliable universal remote apps for your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet? If yes, you can’t beat Harmony Hub (and the Harmony Remote app comes with it). Building on Logitech’s years of continuous development and improvement, the Harmony app has set a high standard in functionality and usability for smartphone remote controls.
After purchasing the Harmony Hub-based remote control, you and other family members can use the app for free by default. However, Logitech also sells it separately, which is a significant discount for those who want to control their devices without Real Remote.
All Harmony remote controls use external configuration software for online setup. This can be done using a Microsoft Windows or macOS computer (USB cable connection required) for all models.
Information about the new remote control can be uploaded to a live device database via the Internet. In 2012, more than 5,000 brands of equipment were supported.
- Swipe and tap to control over 270,000 devices from over 5,000 brands.
- Set up to 50 favourite channels via the colour screen icons.
- Lighting control and other smart devices
- Create a multi-device environment called events.
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- Requires Harmony Hub or remote control to use the following hubs: Harmony Pro, Harmony Elite, Harmony Companion, and Harmony Home Control.
4- SURE – Smart Home Remote App by Universal Ltd
This is one of the best Universal Remote App applications that combine old devices’ infrared capabilities with smart devices’ WiFi capabilities. It comes with Amazon Alexa built-in and lets you control your smart home, Chromecast, and Kodi. And Roku and SmartTV with Voice Control.
With an IR Blaster or WiFi to IR adapter (sold separately), you can also use the SURE voice control feature to control smart home devices through the audio function.
Voice control: Use voice commands in the app! No need to integrate with an external voice assistant.
Media Player: Easily browse and play music and videos across folders. Ensure that your media player supports all popular audio/video formats.
Copy files via a network share: Copy the file from a shared local area network folder to your mobile device, then copy the file from your mobile device to your local network.
- You can rearrange the buttons.
- Function to change colours and icons
- You can activate the remote control while using other applications.
- Amazon Alexa voice integration
- Transfer files over network shares.
- Android devise with IR Blaster function
- Typical Android devices have limited functionality.
5- The official Apple TV Remote app
Apple TV Remote app is a fabulous companion to your Apple TV, and it has the same characteristics as the Siri Remote, so if you get used to it, you’ll know what to get. It can, of course, be used with an iPhone or iPad, and you can control your Apple TV with just one swipe and touch. There is also a keyboard that you can use to enter text when searching for content quickly.
Apple TV (4th generation).
Apple TV (3rd generation).
Initially, version 1.0 gives users control over their media library’s essential functions, which are limited to functions similar to the actual Apple Remote functionality. Version 1, the highest, adds the ability to create and edit playlists in iTunes.
In enhancement to the 4.2.3 Remote App Update for iOS and WatchOS, tvOS 9.1 also restores the original app functionality of the fourth Apple TV models.
- Navigate Apple TV with gestures and tap.
- Quickly enter text, email address, and password using the keyboard.
- You can ask Siri to find something worth watching, listening to, or playing.
- Control the playback of movies, TV shows, or music.
- You can adjust the volume on your iOS device by using the volume buttons.
- It cannot work on Android devices or iOS devices running iOS 9.3.2 or later.
- Work with only Apple TV.
TinyByte’s RoByte is a beautifully designed and colourful app, handcrafted by brothers in San Francisco and Illinois. It is the 1st choice for the best universal remote control app for Roku; it works on Android and iOS and lets you browse your Roku, switch channels, and choose from favourites like Netflix and Disney +. RoByte is an easy-to-use Roku remote control that can be used with Roku Player or Roku TV.
You can only connect to RoByte when you are on the same WiFi network as your Roku device, and the WiFi of the iPhone or iPad must be turned on and connected to the same network.
No setup is required; RoByte automatically detects your device. Switch channels easily, Use the keyboard for blazing-fast audio and text input on channels like Netflix or Hulu. Watch all the TV channels and go directly to the channel you want. Adjust the volume and switch between the Roku TV inputs. Supports tablet devices
- No setup is required; RoByte will automatically scan the network for Roku.
- Search remote control and change channels with one click.
- RoByte is designed for iPhone and iPad devices.
- Effective email support
- For a more complex setup, you may need to enter the Roku IP address to connect manually.
7- Amazon Fire TV by Amazon Mobile LLC
In theory, this is a great app. It has a friendly interface with clips and highlights from your favourite shows and looks great. People like how this interface looks. However, due to the latest updates, it lacks compatibility, connectivity, and overall consistency.
Some users complained about Firestick connection issues, while others complained that it was too cumbersome due to accidental disconnection. One user even said, “Use it only when you’re in despair!” If you want more Fire TV remotes, use the other universal remotes listed here. Interestingly, the problems of iOS and Android users persisted.
Voice search (not available in all countries/regions). Simple navigation. Control of gameplay. Keyboard for entering plain text. Quick access to apps and games
- Stylish and professional interface.
- Android 4.4 or higher is required.
- IOS 10.0 or later required. Compatible with iPod touch, iPad, iPhone, and devices.
- Professional security
- The connection problem stopped.
8- Android TV Remote Control by Google LLC
Use your Android tablet or phone as a remote control for Android TV. You can easily switch between the D-pad and touchpad modes to browse content and play games on your Android TV. Press the microphone to start the voice search or use the keyboard to enter text on the Android TV.
Android TV Remote Control app is an official product from Google; you can use it to control all Android TV devices on the same WiFi network as your smartphone. If your Android TV uses a wired Ethernet connection, and your Android TV supports Bluetooth, you can also connect using Bluetooth.
First, connect your Android tablet or phone to the same WiFi network as your Android TV, or search for Android TV via Bluetooth.
- Compatible with all Android TV devices running Android 4.0 and above.
- It also works on iOS.
- The results reported by the user are often mixed. But it can be used remotely.
- IOS users frequently report voice search problems.
9- Yatse: Kodi remote by Tolriq
Yatse is the next step on our list of the most popular emoji apps for iOS and Android devices. Yatse is the most popular and popular remote control app among Kodi fans. It is highly rated and works with Kodi and Plex. And Emby, Jellyfin, and local devices. You can use it to stream to UPnP, AirPlay, Chromecast, FireTV, Roku, and Smart TVs. The only downside to this app is the lack of an iOS version.
Normal voice commands, Built-in audio player Spaces are not supported. Now you can turn on the details to control the subtitles. Wake up LAN (WOL) and power control options. Send media from YouTube or your browser to Kodi.
- One of the most stable and advanced remote apps
- Customer support is responsive to developers.
- Support 7 languages for voice control
- Sync your media library across multiple devices.
- You can access your library offline.
- You need a paid version to remove ads.
10- UNIFIED REMOTE
The integrated remote control slogan is “Sloth, and You Deserve It!” Ha! The company claims to be the only “remote control application” for your computer. (As noted in this article) This message is overblown. But it is a perfect option if you want to control it remotely from your computer. There is also a version of the app running on an Android, iPhone, iPad, or Windows Phone.
Server passwords protection and encryption to improve security. Supports single-touch and multi-touch mouse controls. Includes light and dark themes.
The server is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Customizable remote control. Small widgets and quick actions with voice commands. Customizable remote control
- Suitable for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and other operating systems.
- Supports WiFi and Bluetooth devices.
- Install a free “remote control server” on your computer.
- The free version does not support voice commands.
- There might be a delay sometimes after using the app for a while.
11- TVmote Paulo by Fernandes
TVmote is a “sophisticated media centre remote control” created by iOS app developer Jorge Miguel. Not all hardware and TV manufacturers are supported. But most people who use this remote tool agree that it is a trusted remote app, at least on iOS. Several Android users have complained about stability issues.
Compared to the other remotes on my list, it’s technically a more advanced option that supports Kodi and Plex and Google Chromecast, Roku devices, and the following smart TV brands.
- LG Smart TV (2013/2014)
- LG WebOS TV models
- Smart TV Panasonic VIERA
Customize your remote control by rearranging buttons, changing colour, position, symbol text, and more. Run orders without interacting with automated actions. (Example: mute calls) Integration of tasks. Voice commands via Google Now
- Set your favourite program and switch to the current channel.
- Multiple layouts can improve interaction in different situations.
- Search automatically (on the local area network) and configure the device manually
- IOS tools with remote control
- Touchpad (iOS)
- Only the pro version contains no ads so that it can be a distraction.
- Pro version is limited to one device.
- The pro version limits Siri Shortcuts.
12- The official ROKU TV remote app
The free Roku mobile app turns your mobile device into a “best streaming partner.”
You can stream your favourite movies from Roku, Netflix, Hulu, and many other streaming media. You can watch your desired TV films anytime, anywhere via ABC, CBS, HBO, Showtime, and more. The remote control is designed to control your Roku experience.
Private listening on mobile is available on the Roku Express, Express +, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, and 3810), Roku Streaming Stick +, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere +, Roku Ultra, and Roku TV.
Registration or other payment may be required to access some content. Channel availability is subject to change and may vary by country.
- Control your Roku device with another remote control.
- Enjoy your music with headphones
- Transfer photos, music, and videos to your TV.
- Add and start channels on your Roku device.
- Use the keyboard to make it easy to write on your Roku device.
- It is compulsory to log in to your Roku account to use some features.
- Voice Search is only available in some countries.
13- Rokie – Remote for Roku by Kraftwerk
Rokie is another free remote control for iPhone / iPod for Roku Streaming Player and Roku TV. It doesn’t have a neat design, an easy-to-use interface, cascading buttons, or complicated settings with apps. With this iOS app, accessing movies, music, and games is made easier and more comfortable, and you will love your Roku device even more. Just connect your iOS and Roku devices to the same WiFi network. Rokie is compatible with all Roku devices.
Switch channels easily, Watch all TV channels and go directly to the channel you want. Adjust the volume and switch between the Roku TV inputs. Supports tablet devices. Android Wear support, fast entree to play/pause from your wrist. Pair with multiple Roku devices.
- Automatically detect Roku on your WiFi network.
- Large touchpad for easy navigation between menus and content.
- Start a channel directly from the app.
- Find YouTube videos and stream from iPhone / iPod to Roku.
- Similar to Free Roku Remote Control without ads.
- Customers complain that the ad-free version is too frequent.
- Not compatible with previous iOS versions.
14- Roku TV Remote Control – iRem by iStreamer
IRemote for Roku TV from iStreamer Apps is one of the best universal remote control apps for Roku TV, Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, and Roku Streaming Stick. You can also control TCL, Insignia TV, Sharp TV, HiSense, and other TVs through the built-in Roku remote app interface, which is very similar to the Roku remote that comes with the player. Users who downloaded this remote control say it is better than many other remote apps that they have tried.
Roku device detected automatically after launching the app. User-friendly design. Roku TV remote control. Easy to control media playback. Launch a channel from the app conveniently. Designed specifically for iPhone and iPad devices.
- The interface simulates the original Roku remote control.
- It detects Roku automatically when the application starts.
- The primary navigation is straightforward to use.
- Free to download without registration.
- Currently, it does not support landscape mode.
- IOS 10.0 or later required.
15- Remote for Samsung TV by FreeAppsTV / Video Players & Editors
Well, let’s see if we can guess what kind of smart TV this remote control app is designed for. Wait, wait, you guessed it! Samsung. I have a Samsung Smart TV, and I don’t want to admit it. But the remote control developed by this manufacturer is not very rough! The interface is a bit awkward and has some functions. But as far as functions are concerned, you have reasonable control over your Samsung Smart TV.
To use the remote control, your mobile device/tablet must be on the same WiFi network as the TV, and the message displayed on the TV must be accepted. The app works over a wireless connection, so you don’t need to be near the TV.
This app is free. SamRemote is compatible with the following TV models:
C Series Online (2010)
Series D (2011), work done.
Share all E Series (2012)
F Series Performance (2013).
K Series (2016 & 2017)
- The response time of the TV on / off is stable.
- The interface is a bit awkward.
- The ads are distracting and annoying.
16- TCLee : Remote for TCL ROKU TV by yohan teixeira
Another smartly named TClee remote control app, designed for TCL Roku TVs, emulates a Roku remote and is easy to use. When you connect your iDevice to the same WiFi network, the app will automatically detect your TCL Roku TV.
TCLee is a remote control that allows you to control your smart TV directly from the iPhone / iPad. Easy to install. This app was initially used as a remote control. All features are free to use.
- Simulate your TCL Roku TV remote control.
- 2 – 3 USD, paid version without ads.
- The latest version contains haptic feedback to feel like a real remote control.
- Users complained that the ad-free version was a distraction.
- Users complain a lot about ads.
17- LGeeRemote: Remote For LG TV by yohan teixeira
I like what they do on behalf of this remote application. For some reason, work in mind.
There is no need to guess its purpose. Yes, this is a great backup or replacement to control your LG TV. The remote control can be used with LG Smart TVs, and all LG Web OS enabled TVs; the only requirement is to connect the TV to the network. WIFI
LG TV owners say this is an excellent alternative remote control.
LGeeRemote is a remote control app that allows you to control your LG TV. This application can be used with any TV that has “Smart TV” and “Web OS” technology installed and connected to a network (WiFi or Ethernet).
On the first startup, the app will automatically search for TV on the network.You need to allow the app to control TV and Voila. You can now control LG TV directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- The remote control is a stable replacement for LG Smart TV.
- Unlike the original remote control, it has a numeric keypad.
- Ads are shown in the free version which annoys some users.
- You can arrange the buttons more easily.
18- Universal remote tv smart
“Universal Remote TV Smart” by Yohan Teixeira is a fun remote app to control smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Sony, and Philips from all the remote apps I tested. And appreciate the simple interface design of this app. Support all TV control basics as much as possible:
Change the volume
Change the channel number.
Video control (play / pause / pause …)
Power on / off
This app is a virtual remote control that allows you to control Smart TV from your iPhone.
Collaboration with Samsung, LG, Sony, Philips, Panasonic, TCL Roku, Roku Sticks, Hitachi, Telefunken, Grundig, Continental Edison TV, etc.
Must be connected to the same WiFi network as the TV to use this remote control. Detect TV is automatic, and depending on the TV model, you must accept the message displayed on the TV screen.
- Clean and smart interface design.
- There are no controls other than TV.
- Users complain a lot about ads.
- It is not integrated with Alexa or Google Assistant [No voice controls].
- You cannot add or customize remote controls.
19- MAGic Remote by Infomir and Tools
This is another remote killer app. I love the blue color. You can use this remote control to control the MAG set-top box; if you don’t know what it is or don’t have it, this device is not for you. Supported MAG Fixing Boxes are:
You can change channels without searching for a remote! Click on your Android device to control the MAG Series decoder box. There are various button layouts to improve ease of use. Internet surfers and social media users will benefit from the full-size keyboard and touchpad.
- Smooth interface
- Fixed an issue where the MAG set-top box was causing the TV volume to drop significantly.
- Control only a limited number of MAG set-top boxes.
- Only the control box decoder signals
20- Samsung TV Remote Control – Remotie by Kraftwerk 9 Inc. and Tools
Among the best general-purpose remote control apps listed here, along with Harmony apps, my favourite is design. Why? I just nailed my remote from a design perspective. Even if you have a Samsung TV, I hope you can expand it to other brands; it is an app that beats Samsung Smart TV, with an excellent interface, big buttons, a great keyboard, and straightforward controls. But there is a problem here. If you don’t want to pay $ 4, you better forget about this. It is often advertised to help.
Remote control of all functions of Smart TVs, Smart BD Beam, and Smart Home Theater. Large touchpad (in-app purchase). Voice input keyboard (in-app purchases). Connect with devices automatically.
- Navigate with the large touchpad
- Control your TV, home theater, and Blu-ray devices.
- There’s an excellent QWERTY keyboard, just like the one you use for texting.
- Automatically restore interface after a call.
- Some users complained about too many ads.
- Free version with ads and in-app purchases.
21- AT YOUTURemote App
Google, Thank you for using the correct Universal Remote app. This is a remote control intended for the meow. Displays live broadcast content in the app in real-time. How cool would it be? If this is part of the complete YouTube TV service, then this might be one of the more advanced and beautiful apps that I have used.
Wireless Direct TV No cable box required. There is no storage limit for Cloud DVR; every DVR record is preserved for nine months.
6 YouTube TV Accounts Per Home Everyone Has Their Name, Login, Instructions, and DVR. No contract, no contract, you can cancel at any time.
- View live video broadcasts of your favourite videos right from the app.
- Easily navigate to your favourite programs, services, and channels from the interface.
- The app mimics the modern look of YouTube TV.
- Big buttons with links to all your favourite shows.
- There is no smart home integration.
- It is not integrated with YouTube.
22- Galaxy universal remote control
This is one of the most comfortable remote controls to use, giving you plenty of options to control your home appliances. The disappointing thing is the lacklustre user interface.
It works well, and for a reason, making it one of the most user-friendly apps we tested. But the design has to be modified, of course, because different grayscale will be annoying.
You can control: The television, Signal decoder box, Audio/video reception, DVD player, Air conditioner, a Display device, and DSLR camera
- Controls are customizable
- Comprehensive hardware compatibility, including DSLR cameras
- User interface support
- The price is £ 2.39
23- Twinone Universal TV Remote App
Twinone Universal Remote is one of the best free TV control apps. It is a straightforward design. There will be no problems with use after setting up. It should be suitable for most televisions and digital set-top boxes. It also supports some devices that are not in these categories. Currently, the only downside is that the ads on Twinone have no way to get rid of them.
We look forward to seeing a paid version in the future to address this. Also, this feature appears to be only available on specific devices. If not, then this is a great option. Twin One TV Remote is a free and easy-to-use smartphone remote control. Use your smartphone’s built-in infrared transmitter to control the TV, cable box, and more.
- The user interface is clear and intuitive.
- Very responsive.
- Compatible with many devices.
- Some features are not compatible.
24- Mi Remote controller – For TV, STB, AC, and more
Most phones with an infrared amplifier have a remote app. You can usually find it on the Google Play Store, like some Mi devices that use Xiaomi’s built-in TV remote control app (link). This is an app that was tested by the manufacturers using their device. At least it should work fine. It doesn’t usually have many features, but OEMs include these apps in their devices for several reasons. At least they always do. Sometimes we preinstall the pro version, so you don’t have to buy it. You should check first to see if it works as it did.
Use Mi Remote to control your device via your phone. When you can’t find your remote or just want to play with your friends, Mi Remote is here to help. It will also provide you with all the information you need for your favourite TV shows so that you can switch channels faster and watch them on your mobile device. The Xiaomi remote takes watching TV to the next level!
Most phones with an infrared amplifier support Mi Remote and its functions. All mobile devices support Mi Remote integration and TV schedule.
- Supported cell phones: Samsung S4 / S5 / S6 / S6 Edge / Note 3 / Note 4, HTC One Series, Mi 4 / Mi 4c / Mi 5 / Mi 5S Plus / Mi 5C / Mi 5X / Mi 6, Redmi 4.
- Mi Remote. Life at the tips of your fingers
- Mi Remote controller’s bugs.
25- VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App
Most of the TV manufacturers provide a remote app for their Smart TVs. These apps tend to have a lot of features. It connects to your smart TV over WiFi, which means you don’t need an infrared transmitter to complete these tasks. You can modify the channel or the volume.
You can also select an app on the TV. The usage by some manufacturers is excellent; Samsung and LG use the app very well. Some things are not quite right. Fortunately, the apps can be downloaded remotely for almost free. So you can try it out without any financial risk.
Easy to find. Run the app on your TV. Create your favourites. Easy to control anytime, anywhere.
Power on / off device, play / pause content, control volume, etc. Watch free content. Easy access to free TV shows, movies, music, and more.
- Easy syncing
- Easy to use.
- No cables or panels are needed.
- After a while, the TV should be reset to regular operation.
- The UI is divided into two screens.
Your thoughts on our selection of the best universal remote control apps for iOS and Android devices?
Are you going to use an app to control smart TV, media player, streaming device, smart home device, etc. incorrect?
Let us know by dropping a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Plus, if you get some value from this post, would you be ready to share it on social media quickly? You can pin the following to Pinterest or use the colourful social share buttons at the top and bottom of this page.
Peel Smart Remote has most of the features. But you can browse the list and get suggestions for what to see. But the universal remote control is one of the simplest remote control devices, and it outperforms other tested controllers.
Color Tiger-Anymore Smart Remote Control is a great app, but it’s not worth the money. It offers most of the options, including remote recording and the ability to mute your device when making or calling. We hope this version is free.
Tekoia SURE Universal Remote wins here for free, allowing you to control your devices, including WiFi, easy to use, and lets you do more than your competitors without delay or delay.
Full disclosure: After testing all the best universal remote control apps listed here and almost many others, none of them can replace these universal remote apps.